Monday 19 August 2013

WWE superstar announces he's gay


29 year old wrestler comes 
out as a gay man


WWE superstar Darren Young, 29, has decided to reveal his sexuality to the wrestling world. In an interview last Wednesday Young came out as homosexual. 

Young responded to a grotty reporter from TMZ, who as usual hyped the drama for his own personal showing off. Asking if gay men could thrive in the business, Young revealed his sexual orientation.

Young is credited as the first gay WWE superstar and within the wrestling world for today's era.

The Prime Time Player, whose Twitter profile read "As comfortable in the VIP section as he is in the ring, Darren Young's life revolves around three things - money, women and wrestling."

On the subject of whether it would harm his career the professional wrestler added  "I don't think it matters. "Does it matter? Does it matter to you? Does it change what you think about me? 

"I guess if you want to call it coming out. I really don't know what to say it is, but I'm just letting you know that I'm happy with who I am, I'm comfortable with myself. And I'm happy to be living the dream." 

"Some people might not like it, some people will like it, but I'm here to please myself, I'm here to be happy.

"It's very important to be happy with myself."

The star had numerous support from WWE colleagues, staff and the fans all sharing their support for Young. 

During the old school era Pat Patterson was known by many as gay but worked behind the scenes and didn't express it to the media and is therefore not the first openly gay as many debate. 

Though there may be contrasting differences in views between many with Darren Young as a star and with Wrestling Wonders, Young had my full respect for making a bold and brave choice to express himself. He is now able to do what he chooses without having to hide behind some performance shadow that may not necessarily be his demeanour. While he borrowed the "no days off" from yours truly, again, we respect Young's choice to stand up and be himself. 

As one half of the Prime Time Playa's
Though their is a very long way to go for the future and hopefully this will encourage and inspire many more stars to come out as the sport has many bisexual and homosexual stars and should not be stigmatised in a sport that is centralized and built on homosexual tendencies, in part, as well as all round entertainment. 

Technically, I am not employed by WWE, yet, so it couldn't be me, could it? :)

So, come on boys, reveal yourselves and live the life you want, your way. Who knows, maybe we could even be the new wrestling power couple if your lucky. :p

On a parting note to Young, just for funsies, if you could only have one, (a hard choice I know) who would you get it on with? All I'm saying is hands off Randy Orton. He's mine! Whether he likes it or not. :)

X


©  Max Waltham 19th August 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment